Kapton Heaters and Heating Elements
A Kapton Heater is a polyimide film which is translucent and has outstanding electrical properties. These heaters are also extremely thin and capable of handling temperatures between -270°C and 240°C.
Why Choose Kapton Heaters and Heating Elements?
Kapton flexible film heaters (also known as flex heater) have the same function as silicone mat heaters except they are much thinner (under 0.5mm) and more flexible. These custom-made heaters can be designed with similar watt densities and can operate at similar temperatures as silicone heaters.
They are constructed using thin polyimide sheets as insulation with the heating element laminated inside. Advanced circuit imaging and printing gives designers the flexibility to distribute wattage and create many different heat patterns within the same space.
Surface heaters have a wide range of industrial, commercial, and military applications where reliability, cost effectiveness, minimum cross section, resistance to deterioration and basic flexibility are critical.
The Kapton heating element can be easily fitted to different material surfaces and guarantee a fast and uniform heat transfer. The uniform thermal distribution of the heaters allow for varying thermal expansions and managing the power with maximum efficiency.
Kapton Heaters Feature:
- They boost excellent physical and electrical properties – results in thermal stability over a wide temperature range.
- Transparent polyimide material – that allows inspection of internal details. Opaque version also available.
- Resistance of radiation and fungus – can be used in a wide range of applications.
- Rugged, reliable, accurate, and moisture/chemical-resistant
- They can be easily bonded or adhered to many surfaces or other system parts.
Get in touch! We’ll provide samples and work with you to meet your requirements!